Monday, April 12, 2010

Time Flies While You're Having Fun!


Hey fellow bloggers!


Life in my corner of the world has been busy lately. What have I been up to?


1. Homeschooling


2. Parenting conference at our church by Paul David Tripp about the Heart of Parenting which was excellent!


3. Cleaning out my gardens around the house. I've got the front done but have the sides and back to do yet.


4. Cleaning out the garage. Long overdue.


5. Cleaning out the mechanical room which functions as our "basement" since our lower level is all finished off.


6. Cleaning my son's bedroom. Not a lot of fun but he and I persevered and the job is done. Hurrah!


7. Tuning up bicycles. I am not much of a mechanic but I can switch out seat posts, seats, mirrors, etc. and that's what I've been doing. The girls have been out but the rest of us are going tonight for our first family ride. It's a beautiful night and it should be fun.
8. Working on completing a drawing I promised to dear friends many years ago. It's coming along nicely and I hope to complete it by the end of the month. They've waited a long time and will be shocked to receive it. I hope they like it!

Next on my list is a Women on Target class I want to take. It's an instructional shooting clinic for women. I've grown up in a hunting family but never went hunting myself. I still don't want to go hunting but I'd like to learn how to use a firearm. My dear husband is a hunter so he's all for it. That's on Wednesday night and Saturday morning.

There's a homeschool conference that I had been considering for the same Saturday which is a couple hours away. I would like to go but it's looking doubtful this year. For one thing it costs $80.00 just to get in the door. Eighty dollars! Wow! Just out of curiosity I checked out a few other homeschool conferences in the states and none were that expensive. Figures. I might just have to pass this year. I guess since I am supposed to be not shopping this year it would be a good year to miss.
Well, enough random thoughts for now. I hope you're all having a fabulous spring!

1 comment:

Leah Marie said...

very nice mom. I like the photo! where did you ever find it?