Thursday, March 11, 2010

Family and Fun in the Sun


My niece, Jeni, is getting married this weekend and more and more family is flying in for the wedding. Some are relatives that I grew up with I haven't seen for many years so we're having a great time reconnecting.


Yesterday, after this gorgeous sunrise, everyone came over for lunch and we spent a couple hours on the beach and Port Canaveral pier. It was a great afternoon! Later I made my good friend Dawne's "Spicy Pepper Penne" for dinner and we had a great time fellowshipping and reminiscing around the table.


Today the skies are gray and a lot of rain is predicted which is okay, actually. Florida has been experiencing a devastating drought for the past few years and I'm happy for them to get the rain they need.


What I'm most concerned about is my sister's care facility is under quarantine! There have been a few cases of Swine Flu and no one can visit any of the residents. We are hoping that she will be released to go to the wedding on Saturday. She is also showing signs of developing a cold so if you could join me in praying for Elaine I'd be so grateful.


4 comments:

Keelie said...

I will pray. Glad that you are having such wonderful family time..and to top it all off--a wedding! Love weddings.

Thank you for your comment on perfectionism..and suggestions. Trying to decide what I want to be my sactuary.hmmm..

Lindsay said...

Wow, what a beautiful sunset!
I hope the wedding goes well.

Leah Marie said...

Awesome mom. I like the photo. =]

Emily said...

We HAVE been having a great weekend. :) Yippee! I love hanging out with the family.
Xoxo.