Monday, February 15, 2010

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

At least that's what I'm telling myself these days.

This weight loss plan of mine is not moving along as fast as I'd like it to. Shocking, isn't it? I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there trying to lose weight thinking, "Whoa, this weight is dropping off way too fast, I've got to ease up on my diet and workouts!" Yeah, right.

I have been working out more and trying (trying!) to cut back on the sweets. So, in other words, I haven't been doing anything drastic in my weight loss efforts, and that was part of my plan. Don't ask me why I thought I could lose ten pounds in less than four weeks without drastic changes. Well, it's back to reality my friends! Changes are coming, but it's s-l-o-o-o-w.

So far I've lost - drum roll please - 1 pound. I'm not giving up. I'm also not buying new clothes for our trip to Florida. If things feel a little snug that will just have to serve as a reminder that I'm changing the way I'm eating (less) and moving (more).

I keep reminding myself, slow and steady wins the race! Think of the turtle, that's me, slowly and steadily moving toward my goal.

2 comments:

Keelie said...

I think your approach is a good one! Go turtle!

Stacey said...

I am right there with you keeping you company as we slowly inch a long.

I am averaging about 3/4 pound a week. That's not much when compared to some others. However if I can keep doing it all year...slow... and...steady will equal almost 40 pounds gone!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Stacey