Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Frosty Morning

Our frosty landscape

Leah and the frosty trees

It was even beautiful when you looked up!

The birch trees in our yard glittering in the sun

The frosty tunnel of trees

Another frosty scene along the trail


It was foggy here last night and when we woke up this morning it looked like a fairyland outside. Rarely have I seen the frost that thick. Each tree, twig, weed was covered with about a half inch of sparkling frost!

I talked my darling daughter into snowshoeing with me and taking some photos. When the sun came out the frost began falling from the trees and it seemed odd to be covered in "snow" on such a gorgeous sunny morn.

I hope you don't get bored with more winter photos because I just couldn't resist posting them on my blog.

3 comments:

Leah Marie said...

Hmmm I still don't know about that photo. I look weird.

Anonymous said...

Thats Really Cool!

Alexa said...

As beautiful as the trees are, I'm glad you have it and not me. Oregon is rainy right now, and I'm lovin' it!