Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kim and Sandy, You Ladies Rock!

I am blessed to have friends in my life all the way back from the 80's.  Friends that have been with me through thick and thin over the years.  I treasure my friendship with Kim and Sandy so I was especially excited that we were able to get away for a weekend together.  We went up north and stayed two nights at Kim's cabin, which, coincidently, is just a few minutes away from our cabin.  


While we were there we went hiking on the beautiful Birkebeiner ski trail.


We discussed going for a swim but reason prevailed.


We also had dinner out at Famous Dave's, a Round Lake institution.


And, finally, here we cleaning up on our final morning, before we headed back home.

Here's the thing I've found through the years.  You've got to be very deliberate about maintaining friendships, or they wither and die from neglect.  I'm so grateful for both Sandy and Kim and their willingness to invest in a friendship that has now spanned decades.  I admire and love them both!





No comments: