Sunday, December 9, 2012

Let It Snow!

I saw the cardinal hiding in the spruce tree in the front of our house today.

Winter may not be officially here on the calendar yet, but the weather is very winter-like today.  It's been snowing since last night and we've got about 15" of snow on the ground and it's still snowing!  I wish Mike were home, safe and sound, but he's up north with plans to drive home tomorrow.  Let's hope he can get in the driveway, it's pretty deep.  Thank goodness I got the plow stakes in a few weeks ago!

I guess we're going to make up for last year, our "winterless" winter.  A lot of people liked the warm weather and brown landscape, but I didn't.  Not really.

I'm ready to strap on my skis and get out skiing  Or go snowshoeing.  Or hit the trails up north with the snowmobiles.  So many options for so much fun!  Daniel is hoping for a snowday tomorrow and I'm thinking he'll get his wish.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

1 comment:

WendyBee said...

Oh, I 'm so happy for you to have such a generous snow. We have had a few snows, but none that left any kind of impression. Our forecast is for snow Sun-Mon and Weds-Thur. I hope they are good storms -- the kind that feel like a good old-fashioned storm.
I hope you get plenty of chances to play in it, to relieve some of the stresses you've recently been under. I hope your sister is well amid her fight. All the best of the season to you all.